Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Mossy Oak Event



Hello everyone. Damin and I have some very exciting news to share with you guys. This past weekend, August 8-10, Damin and I attended the Bass Pro Shops Fall Hunting Classic in Charlotte, North Carolina. This was our first show as Mossy Oak Pro Staffers and it was a blast!! The Fall Hunting Classic is a nationwide, three week hunting show getting all the hunters ready for another season.

We spent all day on Saturday and half the day on Sunday representing Mossy Oak, interacting with the customers and just talkin' huntin'!
It was both humbling and overwhelming to have other folks look up to Damin and I for both our knowledge in the deer woods and for advice on product and camo selection, product use and product success. Of course we said Mossy Oak! Our regional manager, Bucky Hauser, said that sales in Mossy Oak licensed products increased throughout the weekend due in large part to the efforts of us and our fellow pro staffers.

Damin and I also got to meet several of our fellow team members this past weekend as well which was also very exciting. In fact I got to spend the majority of my day Saturday with Tommy Nunley from Wytheville. Tommy is a super guy and just from hearing him talk this past weekend, he knows how to get some big bucks on the ground. Fortunately, Tommy and I will be working the Virginia Outdoor Sportsman's Classic together, August 22-24 at the Salem Civic Center. Stop by and see us!

I also had the privelage of meeting Kevin Renwick, Director of Marketing for Traditions Firearms. Kevin, like Tommy, is a great guy and knowledgeable hunter. Tommy and I spent a good bit of time helping Kevin out in the firearms section on Saturday and of course, talking hunting. In fact, I have been in contact with Kevin via e-mail the past couple days about placing an order for a new Traditions Pursuit II XLT. If you haven't seen or heard of this muzzleloader, you need to check it out. It is going make big news come this fall.

Needless to say, we entered our prostaff careers with a bang working an event as as large as the Bass Pro Fall Classic. We're blessed to have been given such an oppurtunity by Mossy Oak and, hopefully, it will be the first big event of many.

4 comments:

Tommy Nunley said...

From talking with the lady who runs the Virginia Outdoor Sportsman's Classic (http://www.vaoutdoorsportsmensclassic.com/) it's going to be an awesome show! Can't wait to get it going!

Tommy Nunley said...

Hmmm, I replied to you twice??? Anyway here's the basics of what I replied...

Hey Cody,
Hope things are ging well! As far as this show goes contact Waynette Anderson (Waynette@sponsorhounds.com) who is running the show and let her know the day(s) you want to attend and the hours, (I will be there all day this Saturday), tell her that you know me and are also working for the Mossy Oak ProStaff, and tell her that you want to help and I'm sure she will find you something to do! If she doesn't get back to you for some reason then just come on down and we'll find something ourselves! Let me know what you hear back! It should be a great time and I'll see you there!

Tommy Nunley said...

My emails still haven't shown up? Are they maybe in your junkmail bin? Anyway, doesn't really matter. That shounds great that you'll be helping this weekend, however I'm not sure what all we'll be doing besides helping to check the mounts in and hang them etc... I believe there are going to be other ProStaffers at the show as well as several have contacted me about this weekend. I'm going to be there around 9:30 and I'm then to call Ms. Anderson to get a badge from her. I have not got my package yet. I was told last Friday that they would ship out Monday but it hasn't arrived yet.

Let me know how you like the Pursuit II when you get it!!!!!

Tommy Nunley said...

Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it! I just did the video really quick and compressing it dropped the quality a lot but I put it up anyway just to see how it would turn out. I'm going to be at the show this weekend around 9:30 so if you email me your cell phone number I will give you a call when I get there and we can meet then. If you don't have a cell let me know that and we can figure something else out. See you soon!